ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Sun Jun 6 2021
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. An area of low pressure located about 550 miles southwest of
Manzanillo, Mexico, continues to produce an area of showers and
thunderstorms. Recent satellite wind data indicate that the
broad circulation is located well east of the thunderstorm
activity and lacks a well-defined center. The disturbance still
has the potential to become a tropical depression on Monday before
environmental conditions become less favorable for development by
Monday night. The system is forecast to move slowly west-
southwestward during the next couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days..high...70 percent.
2. A broad trough of low pressure is expected to form a couple of
hundred miles south of the coasts of southern Mexico, El Salvador,
and Guatemala in a day or two. Environmental conditions appear
favorable for some development, and a tropical depression could
develop by the end of the week as the system moves slowly
northwestward or northward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.