ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Thu Aug 13 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Ten-E, located about 1500 miles west-southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. A large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms continues in
association with a surface trough of low pressure located a few
hundred miles west-southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico. Even though
this system has been slow to organize, environmental conditions are
expected to be conducive for development, and a tropical depression
is likely to form within the next day or two before the system
reaches cooler waters later this weekend. This system is forecast
to move west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph away from the
west-central coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A trough of low pressure is located just offshore of the Pacific
coast of Central America. Conditions are expected to be conducive
for a low pressure system to develop from this trough over the next
couple of days, and a tropical depression is likely to form this
weekend or early next week while the system moves generally
west-northwestward just offshore of the southwestern coast of
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Ten-E are issued under WMO
header WTPZ35 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP5.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Ten-E are issued under
WMO header WTPZ25 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMEP5.