ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 AM PDT WED JUL 20 2016
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Estelle, located about 900 miles west-southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula. The National
Hurricane Center has issued its last advisory on Tropical Storm
Darby, located about 1000 miles east of the Big Island of Hawaii.
Subsequent advisories on Darby will be issued by the Central Pacific
Hurricane Center in Honolulu, Hawaii.
1. A broad area of low pressure located several hundred miles south of
Acapulco, Mexico, continues to produce a large but disorganized
area of showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are
expected to be conducive for gradual development of this system, and
a tropical depression is likely to form during the next few days
while it moves west-northwestward to northwestward at about 10 mph
to the south of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent
2. A weak low pressure area is located almost 1000 miles south of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula. Environmental
conditions are forecast to be marginally conducive for some
development of this system later this week or this weekend while it
moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent