ZCZC HFOTWOCP ALL
TTAA00 PHFO DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS Central Pacific Hurricane Center Honolulu HI
800 PM HST Sat Aug 15 2020
For the central North Pacific...between 140W and 180W:
1. An area of low pressure is located around 700 miles
south-southeast of Honolulu, Hawaii. Showers and thunderstorms
associated with this system continue to become better organized.
Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual
development, and a tropical depression may form later this
weekend or early next week as the system moves westward at
about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. An elongated area of low pressure is located about 765 miles
south-southwest of Honolulu, Hawaii. Disorganized showers and
thunderstorms within this area of low pressure have changed little
during the past several hours. Environmental conditions may improve
slightly, so some development of this system is possible during the
next few days as it moves slowly westward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low..20 percent.
Elsewhere, no tropical cyclones are expected during the next 5 days.