ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Tue Oct 4 2022
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. Eastern Tropical Atlantic:
A broad low pressure system located a few hundred miles southwest
of the Cabo Verde Islands continues to produce a large area of
showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions appear to be
conducive for further development, and a tropical depression is
likely to form in a day or two. Further development should become
less likely late this week due to increasing upper-level winds. The
system is forecast to move generally northwestward over the eastern
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. East of the Windward Islands:
A tropical wave located a few hundred miles east of the southern
Windward Islands is producing disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Some slow development of this system is possible
during the next several days while the wave moves generally westward
at 15 to 20 mph, reaching the Windward Islands and the eastern
Caribbean Sea by midweek and the western Caribbean over the weekend.
Interests in the Windward Islands should monitor the progress of
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.