ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Mon Sep 19 2022
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Fiona, located just north of the northern coast of the Dominican
1. Central Subtropical Atlantic:
Shower and thunderstorm activity has increased slightly this evening
in association with an area of low pressure located over the central
subtropical Atlantic. Some slow development is possible during the
next couple of days, and a tropical depression could form during
that time before environmental conditions become less conducive
later this week. The system should generally move northward or
northeastward while remaining over the open waters of central
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. Central Tropical Atlantic:
A tropical wave located several hundred miles east of the Windward
Islands is producing an area of disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Some gradual development of this system is possible
during the next several days while the system approaches the
Windward Islands toward the end of the week and moves over the
eastern Caribbean sea over the weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.