ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Fri Aug 27 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Ida, located over the northwestern Caribbean Sea near the
1. An elongated area of low pressure located over the central Atlantic
about 650 miles east of Bermuda is producing disorganized showers
and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are only forecast to be
marginally conducive for development, but a tropical depression
could still form over the weekend. The system is expected to move
slowly eastward during the next day or two, but a faster
northeastward motion is forecast to begin on Sunday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. A tropical wave located about midway between the Cabo Verde Islands
and the Lesser Antilles continues to produce a large area of
disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Gradual development of this
system is expected, and a tropical depression is likely to form
during the next couple of days before it moves into an environment
of stronger upper-level winds and slightly cooler waters. The
disturbance is forecast to move west-northwestward for another day
or so and then turn northward over the weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Ida are issued under WMO
header WTNT34 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT4.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Ida are issued under WMO
header WTNT24 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT4.