ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Tue Aug 3 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A small area of low pressure with some associated showers and
thunderstorms is located about 100 miles south of Praia in the Cabo
Verde Islands. Significant development of this system is not
expected during the next day or two due to unfavorable upper-level
winds and marginally warm waters. The low is forecast to move
northward or north-northwestward through Thursday before the system
moves over cool waters, ending development chances. Locally heavy
rainfall and gusty winds are possible over portions of the Cabo
Verde Islands through Wednesday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. A tropical wave is forecast to move off the west coast of Africa by
late Thursday. This system has the potential for slow development
over the far eastern Atlantic through the weekend while it moves
westward at about 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.