ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Sun Sep 13 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Paulette, located over the western Atlantic, on Tropical Depression
Rene, located over the central Atlantic, on Tropical Storm Sally,
centered over the northeastern Gulf of Mexico, and on Tropical
Depression Twenty, located over the eastern tropical Atlantic.
1. A surface trough over the west-central Gulf of Mexico continues to
produce limited shower activity. Any development of this system is
expected to be slow to occur while it moves southwestward and then
southward at 5 to 10 mph over the western Gulf of Mexico during
the next few days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2. Satellite-derived wind data from this morning indicated that the
circulation associated with an area of low pressure located a
couple of hundred miles west-northwest of the Cabo Verde Islands
remains elongated. However, environmental conditions are conducive
for a short-lived tropical depression to form over the next day or
so while the low moves north-northwestward at 5 to 10 mph.
Development is not expected by Tuesday when the system is forecast
to encounter strong upper-level winds and move over colder waters.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
3. A tropical wave is forecast to move off the west coast of Africa
on Monday. Some gradual development of the system is possible
by the middle of the week as the wave moves westward at about 10 mph
over the far eastern tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Twenty are issued under
WMO header WTNT35 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT5.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Twenty are issued under
WMO header WTNT25 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT5.