ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Thu Sep 6 2018
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Florence, located over the east-central tropical Atlantic Ocean.
The Weather Prediction Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Gordon, located over north-central Mississippi.
1. A broad area of low pressure is centered a few miles southwest of
the Cabo Verde Islands. Shower and thunderstorm activity associated
with this low has changed little in organization over the past few
hours and recent satellite data indicate that a well-defined center
has not yet formed. However, environmental conditions still appear
to be conducive for development and a tropical depression is
expected to form within the next few days while the system moves
toward the west or west-northwest across the tropical Atlantic
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A tropical wave is forecast to move off the west coast of Africa
on Friday. Some development of this system is anticipated after
that time, and a tropical depression could form over the weekend or
early next week while the wave moves westward over the far eastern
tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
Public Advisories on Gordon are issued by the Weather Prediction
Center under AWIPS header TCPAT2, WMO header WTNT32 KWNH, and on the
web at http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov