ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Wed May 25 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. South of the Gulf of Tehuantepec:
Showers and thunderstorms remain disorganized in association with a
surface trough located a few hundred miles south of the Gulf of
Tehuantepec. Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive
for gradual development, and a tropical depression is likely to
form late this week or this weekend while the system moves
west-northwestward or northwestward at 5 to 10 mph. Interests in
southern Mexico should monitor the progress of this system.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. Central portion of the eastern Pacific:
A trough of low pressure located several hundred miles off the coast
of southwestern Mexico continues to produce disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Environmental conditions could support some slow
development during the next day or so, but upper-level winds are
forecast to become less conducive for further development by late
this week while the system moves little.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.