ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Tue May 24 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Central portion of the eastern Pacific:
A trough of low pressure located several hundred miles off the
coast of southwestern Mexico continues to produce disorganized
showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions could support
some slow development during the next couple of days while this
system moves little. Upper-level winds are forecast to become too
strong for development late this week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2. South of the Gulf of Tehuantepec:
A large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms centered a
few hundred miles south of the Gulf of Tehuantepec is associated
with a surface trough. Environmental conditions are forecast to
be conducive for further development, and a tropical depression is
likely to form late this week or this weekend while the system
moves west-northwestward or northwestward at 5 to 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.