ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Mon May 23 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Central portion of the eastern Pacific:
Disorganized showers and thunderstorms located several hundred miles
off the coast of southwestern Mexico are associated with a trough
of low pressure. Development, if any, of this system should be slow
to occur while it moves little during the next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2. South of the Gulf of Tehuantepec:
A broad area of low pressure is forecast to form by the end of the
week a few hundred miles south or southwest of the Gulf of
Tehuantepec. Gradual development is possible thereafter, and a
tropical depression could form this weekend while the system moves
westward or west-northwestward at 5 to 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.