ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Mon May 23 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Central portion of the eastern Pacific:
A trough of low pressure located several hundred miles southwest of
the coast of Mexico continues to produce a broad area of
disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions
could support some slow development while this system moves little
during the next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2. South of the Gulf of Tehuantepec:
A broad area of low pressure is forecast to form by the end of the
week a few hundred miles south or southwest of the Gulf of
Tehuantepec. Gradual development is possible thereafter, and a
tropical depression could form this weekend while the system moves
slowly westward at 5 to 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.