ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Tue Sep 14 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on
recently downgraded Tropical Depression Nicholas, located near Port
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a low pressure area
located a few hundred miles south of the Cabo Verde Islands are
becoming better organized. Environmental conditions are expected
to remain conducive for development, and a tropical depression is
likely to form during the next couple of days while system moves
generally westward at about 15 mph across the eastern tropical
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A trough of low pressure located a couple of hundred miles
north-northeast of the southeastern Bahamas is producing a large
area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental
conditions are forecast to be marginally conducive for gradual
development during the next few days, and a tropical depression is
likely to form while the system moves north-northwestward to
northward across the western Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
3. A tropical wave is expected to emerge off of the west coast of
Africa toward the end of the week. Environment conditions are
forecast to be conducive for development thereafter, while it moves
generally west-northwestward over the far eastern Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.