ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Sat Aug 28 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Ida, located over the east-central Gulf of Mexico, and on Tropical
Depression Ten, located over the central tropical Atlantic.
1. Showers and thunderstorms continue to show signs of organization in
association with an area of low pressure located over the central
Atlantic. Although environmental conditions remain only marginally
conducive for further development, only a slight increase in
organization would result in the formation of a tropical depression
later tonight or on Sunday. In a couple of days, the system is
forecast to be absorbed by a frontal system. The disturbance is
expected to drift eastward through tonight, then accelerate
northeastward Sunday toward the central north Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. A tropical wave is expected to emerge off the coast of west Africa
by the middle of next week. Thereafter, environmental conditions
appear conducive for gradual development, and a tropical depression
is likely to form toward the end of next week as the system moves
west-northwestward to northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Ten are issued under WMO
header WTNT35 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT5.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Ten are issued under
WMO header WTNT25 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT5.