ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Sat Aug 21 2021
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. The remnants of Grace, located over central Mexico, are expected to
continue moving westward and emerge over the eastern Pacific Ocean
off the west-central coast of Mexico by Sunday afternoon.
Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for
development, and a tropical depression is likely to form by early
next week while the system moves westward at 10 to 15 mph away from
the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is forecast to form offshore of the coast of
southern Mexico early next week. Environmental conditions are
expected to be conducive for some gradual development thereafter,
and a tropical depression could form by the middle of next week.
The system is forecast to move generally west-northwestward at 10 to
15 mph, near or just offshore of the southwestern coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.