ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Sat Aug 21 2021
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Hurricane Grace, located over eastern Mexico, is forecast to
dissipate over inland Mexico today. However, Grace's remnants are
expected to continue moving westward and emerge over the eastern
Pacific Ocean off the west-central coast of Mexico by Sunday
afternoon. Environmental conditions are forecast to be
conducive for development, and a tropical depression is likely to
form by early next week while the system moves westward at 10 to 15
mph away from the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is forecast to form offshore of the coast of
southern Mexico early next week. Environmental conditions are
expected to be conducive for some gradual development thereafter,
and a tropical depression could form by the middle of next week.
The system is forecast to move generally west-northwestward at 10 to
15 mph, near or just offshore of the southwestern coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.