ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Wed Sep 30 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A tropical wave located over the west-central Caribbean Sea is
expected to continue moving westward over the next couple of days,
and produce a broad area of low pressure over the western Caribbean
Sea or extreme southern Gulf of Mexico by Thursday night or Friday.
Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for some
development thereafter, and a tropical depression could form over
the weekend while the system moves slowly west-northwestward over
the northwestern Caribbean Sea. Interests in Belize, the Yucatan
Peninsula, and western Cuba should monitor the progress of this
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. Another tropical wave located a few hundred miles east of the Lesser
Antilles is producing widespread cloudiness and disorganized shower
activity. This disturbance is forecast to move westward during the
next several days where environmental conditions could become a
little more conducive for development over the central or western
Caribbean Sea by early next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.