ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Tue Sep 8 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Paulette, located over the central tropical Atlantic, and on
Tropical Storm Rene, located just west of the Cabo Verde Islands.
1. An area of low pressure is located about 350 miles west-southwest of
Bermuda. Shower and thunderstorm activity associated with the low
has decreased since this morning, but could increase again tonight.
Gradual development of the low is possible during the next two or
three days and it could become a tropical depression while it
continues to move slowly westward to west-northwestward. Interests
along the southeast coast of the U.S. should monitor the progress of
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. A tropical wave is forecast to emerge off the west coast of Africa
on Thursday. Gradual development is expected once the system moves
over water, and a tropical depression is likely to form late this
week or over the weekend while the system moves generally westward
across the eastern tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.