ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Wed Sep 2 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Omar, located a few hundred miles north-northwest of Bermuda,
and on Tropical Storm Nana, located a couple hundred miles east of
Belize City, Belize.
1. An area of low pressure located about midway between the Windward
Islands and west Africa is producing a small area of showers and
thunderstorms. Some development of this system is possible this
week as it drifts generally westward over the eastern and central
tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. A tropical wave, located just off the coast of west Africa, is
producing limited shower activity. The wave is expected to merge
with a disturbance centered a couple of hundred miles southeast of
the Cabo Verde Islands toward the end of the week. Gradual
development of this system is then possible, and a tropical
depression could form over the weekend while it moves westward over
the eastern and central tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Nana are issued under
WMO header WTNT31 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT1.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Nana are issued under
WMO header WTNT21 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT1.