ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Wed Sep 2 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Omar, located a few hundred miles east of Cape Hatteras,
North Carolina, and on Tropical Storm Nana, located over the
northwestern Caribbean Sea.
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure
located about midway between the Windward Islands and west Africa
have changed little in organization since yesterday evening.
Some development of this system is possible this week as it
meanders over the eastern and central tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. A tropical wave is expected to emerge off the coast of Africa later
today and merge with a disturbance centered a couple of hundred
miles southeast of the Cabo Verde Islands in the next day or so.
Gradual development of this system is then possible, and a tropical
depression could form by this weekend while it moves westward over
the eastern and central tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Nana are issued under
WMO header WTNT31 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT1.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Nana are issued under
WMO header WTNT21 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT1.