ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Fri Aug 28 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The Weather Prediction Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Laura, located inland over southeastern Missouri.
1. A tropical wave located about 850 miles east of the Windward
Islands is producing a disorganized area of showers and
thunderstorms. Some gradual development of this system is possible
during the next several days while it moves westward at about
15 mph toward the eastern Caribbean islands.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. Another tropical wave is located over the eastern Atlantic Ocean
just west of the Cabo Verde Islands. The northern part of this
wave, which should move rapidly westward over the central
Atlantic during the next few days, is not forecast to develop as it
is expected to remain in unfavorable environmental conditions.
However, the southern part of the wave is expected to be nearly
stationary south of the Cabo Verde Islands for the next several
days, and some development of this system is possible early next
week when it begins to move slowly westward over the eastern and
central tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
Public Advisories issued by the Weather Prediction Center on
Tropical Depression Laura can be found under AWIPS header
TCPAT3, WMO header WTNT33 KWNH, and on the web at
https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov and https://www.hurricanes.gov.