ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
Issued by the NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD
200 PM EDT Tue Aug 18 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A tropical wave over the eastern Caribbean Sea continues to produce
an area of disorganized thunderstorms and gusty winds. This wave
is moving quickly westward at about 20 mph and significant
development is unlikely while it moves across the eastern and
central Caribbean Sea during the next day or two. After that time,
however, the wave is forecast to slow down, and a tropical
depression will likely form late this week or this weekend when it
reaches the northwestern Caribbean Sea.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. An area of low pressure located about 1300 miles east of the
Lesser Antilles is producing a concentrated area of showers and
thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are conducive for
development, and a tropical depression is expected to form within
the next couple of days while the system moves west-northwestward
at 15 to 20 mph across the central and western portions of the
tropical Atlantic. Interests in the Lesser Antilles should monitor
the progres of this system.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.