ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Sun Aug 16 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Josephine, located just over a hundred miles north-northeast
of the northern Leeward Islands, and on Tropical Storm Kyle, located
several hundred miles southwest of Cape Race, Newfoundland.
1. A fast-moving tropical wave located over the central tropical
Atlantic several hundred miles east of the Windward Islands is
producing a small area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms.
This system is expected to move westward at about 20 mph during the
next few days, and that fast speed is likely to limit development
while the system approaches the Windward and southern Leeward
Islands today and Monday and moves across the eastern Caribbean Sea
on Tuesday. After that time, the system is expected to move more
slowly westward across the central and western Caribbean Sea, and
upper-level winds could be conducive for development during the
middle to latter part of this week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. Another tropical wave moving off the coast of Africa is producing a
large area of cloudiness and showers. This wave is forecast to
move westward at 15 to 20 mph during the next few days, and some
development will be possible by the middle to latter part of the
week as environmental conditions become more conducive while the
system is over the central tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.