ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Sat Aug 15 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Ten-E, located more than 1500 miles west-southwest
of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. An elongated area of low pressure is located several hundred miles
southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula. The
associated showers and thunderstorms have not become any better
organized during the past several hours, however, environmental
conditions are favorable for the system to become a tropical
depression later tonight or on Sunday while it moves generally
northwestward. Development is not expected after that time as the
system is forecast to move over cooler waters and into a drier
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a low pressure system
located a few hundred miles south-southeast of the Gulf of
Tehuantepec are showing signs of organization. Although this low is
still broad and elongated, environmental conditions appear conducive
for additional development, and a tropical depression or tropical
storm will likely form on Sunday. This system is expected to move
generally west-northwestward, well offshore the southwestern coast
of Mexico during the next few days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.