ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Sat Aug 15 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Ten-E, located more than 1500 miles west-southwest
of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. A trough of low pressure located a few hundred miles west of the
southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula is producing a small
area of showers. This system has moved over colder waters and
further development is unlikely.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent.
2. A large area of persistent showers and thunderstorms associated with
an area of low pressure is located several hundred miles southwest
of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula. The
disturbance does not appear to have developed a well-defined center
yet, but conditions are expected to be favorable for further
development today and tomorrow, and tropical depression is likely to
form during that time. This system is forecast to move slowly
north-northwestward or northward during the next couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
3. A low pressure system located several hundred miles southeast of the
Gulf of Tehuantepec continues to show signs of development. A broad
and elongated closed low pressure system has formed, and the
associated shower and thunderstorm activity is beginning to organize
into bands. Although recent satellite-derived wind data indicate
that the system does not yet have a well-defined center, environment
conditions appear conducive for further development. A tropical
depression or tropical storm will likely form tonight or on Sunday
while the system moves generally west-northwestward just offshore of
the southwestern coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.