ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Sat Aug 31 2019
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Dorian, located about 150 miles east of the northwestern Bahamas.
1. A tropical wave located near the Cabo Verde Islands is producing
widespread cloudiness and showers. Environmental conditions are
forecast to be conducive for development of this disturbance, and a
tropical depression could form during the early or middle part of
next week while the system moves northwestward across the eastern
tropical Atlantic Ocean. Heavy rainfall is possible over portions of
the southern Cabo Verde Islands during the next couple of days, and
interests on those islands should monitor the progress of this
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure located over the south-central Gulf of
Mexico continues to produce a minimal amount of showers and
thunderstorms. Some gradual development of this system is possible
during the next few days while it moves slowly westward across the
southern and southwestern Gulf of Mexico toward the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.