ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Tue Aug 20 2019
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a large low pressure
system located a couple of hundred miles south of the southern
coast of Mexico are beginning to show some signs of organization.
Environmental conditions are conducive for additional development,
and a tropical depression is likely to form during the next day or
so while the system moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph,
parallel to and just offshore of the coast of Mexico. This system
could produce locally heavy rainfall along portions of the coast of
southern Mexico during the next day or two.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Another low pressure system located more than 900 miles west-
southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula is
producing limited shower and thunderstorms activity. Conditions have
become less conducive for development and the chance of this system
becoming a tropical cyclone is decreasing. The system is forecast
to move little during the next couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.