ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Fri Aug 16 2019
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A broad area of low pressure located a couple of hundred miles
south of the coasts of El Salvador and Guatemala is producing a
large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms.
Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for
development, and a tropical depression is likely to form by the
middle of next week while the low moves west-northwestward at about
10 mph parallel to the coast of Mexico. Regardless of development,
moisture associated with the low is forecast to produce heavy
rainfall and possible flash flooding across portions of Central
America and southeastern Mexico during the next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. A tropical wave is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms
about 1200 miles southwest of the southern tip of the Baja
California peninsula. Slow development of this disturbance is
possible during the next couple of days while it moves
slowly westward across the tropical eastern Pacific.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.