ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Thu Aug 8 2019
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A disorganized area of cloudiness and thunderstorms continues
along and to the south of the coasts of El Salvador, Guatemala
and eastern Mexico. A low pressure area is forecast to form within
this area of disturbed weather a few hundred miles south or
southwest of the southern coast of Mexico by this weekend, and
environmental conditions are expected to be somewhat conducive for
the formation of a tropical depression by early next week while the
system moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph, offshore of the
southwestern coast of Mexico. Some thunderstorm activity is expected
to continue onshore the coasts of El Salvador, Guatemala and
eastern Mexico tonight and Friday, producing locally heavy rainfall,
especially in mountainous areas. These rains are forecast to
gradually spread westward along the coast of southeastern Mexico
over the weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is forecast to develop several hundred miles
southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula by
early next week. Environmental conditions are expected to gradually
become more conducive for development through the middle of next
week while the system moves generally westward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.