ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Thu Aug 1 2019
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. An area of disturbed weather stretching across Cuba and the Bahamas
is forecast to move northwestward and then northward, producing
locally heavy rainfall over portions of the Greater Antilles, the
Bahamas, and Florida during the next few days. Conditions could
become marginally conducive for development over the weekend while
the system turns and accelerates northeastward off the southeastern
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. A broad low pressure system located about 900 miles west-southwest
of the Cabo Verde Islands is producing a large area of disorganized
showers and thunderstorms. Gradual development is possible during
the next couple of days while the system moves west-northwestward at
about 15 mph across the central tropical Atlantic Ocean. Conditions
are forecast to become more conducive for development over the
weekend, and a tropical depression is likely to form by early next
week several hundred miles east of the Lesser Antilles.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.