ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Fri Jul 5 2019
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Barbara, located a little more than 1600 miles west of the
southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula.
1. A broad area of low pressure located several hundred miles south of
the southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula is producing
tropical-storm-force winds. However, the low is not yet well-defined
and the associated thunderstorm activity remains disorganized.
Environmental conditions are expected to be favorable for
development, and a tropical storm is likely to form this weekend
while the system moves west-northwestward at about 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to form early next week several
hundred miles south of the southern coast of Mexico. Some gradual
development is possible thereafter while the system moves westward
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
For more information on disturbance south of the Baja California
Peninsula see High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather
Service under AWIPS header NFDHSFEPI, WMO header FZPN02KWBC, and on
the web at ocean.weather.gov/shtml/NFDHSFEPI.php