ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Tue Oct 16 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center has issued its last advisory on the
remnants of Tara, located along the coast of southwestern Mexico.
1. A tropical wave is producing widespread showers over Guatemala,
southeastern Mexico, and the adjacent waters. The wave is forecast
to move westward over the eastern Pacific during the next few days,
and a low pressure system is expected to develop a couple of hundred
miles south of southeastern Mexico later today or early Thursday.
Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for additional
development after that time, and a tropical depression is likely to
form by Friday while the system moves generally west-northwestward,
near or just offshore the coast of southern Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A weak and nearly stationary area of low pressure located about 900
miles south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula continues to produce disorganized shower activity. Some
slow development of this system is possible while it drifts
northward or north-northeastward during the next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.