ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Thu Sep 27 2018
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Kirk, centered very near St. Lucia.
1. Post-Tropical Cyclone Leslie, located over the central Atlantic
Ocean several hundred miles west of the Azores, remains a powerful
non-tropical low with storm-force winds. The associated shower
activity has gradually become better organized around the low's
center since yesterday, and Leslie is expected to again become a
subtropical storm, or possibly a tropical storm, on Friday while it
moves west-southwestward at about 10 mph over the north-central
Atlantic. For more information on this system, see High Seas
Forecasts issued by the National Weather Service.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Shower activity has changed little in organization near an area of
disturbed weather located about 300 miles south-southwest of
Halifax, Nova Scotia. This system is expected to merge with a
frontal system and move north-northeastward over increasingly colder
waters overnight, and no additional development is forecast. For
more information on this system, see High Seas Forecasts issued by
the National Weather Service.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent.
High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather Service can be
found under AWIPS header NFDHSFAT1, WMO header FZNT01 KWBC, and
on the Web at https://ocean.weather.gov/shtml/NFDHSFAT1.shtml.