ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Wed Sep 26 2018
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Kirk, located a few hundred miles east of the Lesser Antilles.
1. A weak low pressure area located about 100 miles east of Cape
Hatteras, North Carolina, is producing disorganized shower
activity well to the east of the center. Strong upper-level
winds should inhibit development of this system while it moves
northeastward. The low is expected to merge with a frontal system
or dissipate offshore of the New England coast on Thursday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent.
2. Post-Tropical Cyclone Leslie located several hundred miles
west-southwest of the Azores is producing disorganized shower
activity and gale-force winds. Leslie is expected to reacquire
subtropical or tropical characteristics on Thursday or Friday while
the cyclone meanders over the north-central Atlantic. For more
information on this system, see High Seas Forecasts issued by the
National Weather Service.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
Public Advisories on Kirk are issued under WMO header
WTNT32 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT2.
Forecast/Advisories on Kirk are issued under WMO header
WTNT22 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT2.
High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather Service can be
found under AWIPS header NFDHSFAT1, WMO header FZNT01 KWBC, and
on the Web at https://ocean.weather.gov/shtml/NFDHSFAT1.shtml.