ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Sun Sep 16 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A broad and elongated area of low pressure is centered a few hundred
miles south of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
Although environmental conditions appear conducive for tropical
cyclone formation, the large size of the system suggests that
development should be slow to occur. This system will likely
become a tropical depression later this week while it moves
generally northwestward at about 10 mph. Interests in Baja
California Sur should monitor the progress of this disturbance.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. A small area of low pressure located about 600 miles southwest of
the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula is producing an
area of showers and thunderstorms to the west of the center.
Significant development of this system is unlikely due to
unfavorable environmental conditions. This system is expected to
move slowly west-southwestward during the next couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.