ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Thu Sep 13 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A broad area of low pressure, located roughly a couple of hundred
miles west-southwest of Cabo Corrientes, Mexico, is producing
limited shower and thunderstorm activity. Upper-level winds are
not particularly conducive for further organization, so any
development of this system should be slow to occur over the next few
days while the disturbance drifts west-southwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to develop well south of the
southwestern coast of Mexico over the weekend. Thereafter,
environmental conditions appear conducive for gradual development,
and a tropical depression could form while the system moves
generally westward to west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph south of
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.