ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Wed Sep 12 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center has issued the last advisory on
Post-Tropical Cyclone Paul, located more than 1000 miles west of
the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. A trough of low pressure continues to produce disorganized showers
and thunderstorms extending several hundred miles west of the
west-central coast of Mexico. Any significant organization of this
system is likely to be slow to occur while the system drifts
southwestward over the next couple of days before upper-level winds
become unfavorable for development.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to develop well south of the
southwestern coast of Mexico in a few days. Some gradual
development is possible after that time while the system moves
generally westward to west-northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
For additional information on Post-Tropical Cyclone Paul, please see
High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather Service, under
AWIPS header NFDHSFEPI, WMO header FZPN02 KWBC, and on the web at