ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Special Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
145 AM PDT Sun Aug 26 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued to update the discussion of
the low-pressure system southwest of the Baja California peninsula.
1. Recent satellite-derived surface wind data indicate that the
well-defined low pressure system located about 1100 miles
southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula is
developing into a tropical depression. As a result, advisories will
be issued on Tropical Depression Fifteen-E at 200 am PDT this Sunday
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...near 100 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...near 100 percent.
2. A broad low pressure system located about 500 miles south-southwest
of Acapulco, Mexico, is producing a large area of cloudiness and
disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are
expected to be conducive for gradual development of this disturbance
over the next several days, and a tropical depression is likely to
form by the middle of next week while the system moves westward to
west-northwestward at 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.