ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Mon Aug 13 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Disorganized showers and thunderstorms continue in association with
a tropical wave located about 850 miles south-southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula. Environmental
conditions are forecast to become a little more conducive for
development by the middle part of the week, and a tropical
depression could form late this week while the disturbance moves
westward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. A broad low pressure area located about 1200 miles west-southwest of
the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula is producing
disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Some development of
this system is possible during the next day or two before
upper-level winds and water temperatures become less conducive.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.