ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Sat Aug 11 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A tropical wave located about 700 miles south-southwest of
Manzanillo, Mexico, continues to produce a large area of cloudiness,
showers, and a few thunderstorms. This system has shown some
increase in organization since yesterday, and additional development
is possible over the next couple of days. Upper-level winds appear
to become more conducive for development by the middle of next week,
and a tropical depression could form by that time while the wave
moves westward farther away from the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
2. A small area of showers continues in association with Post-Tropical
Cyclone Kristy, located about 1400 miles west of the southern tip of
the Baja California peninsula. The low is expected to continue
moving westward over cold waters, and regeneration into a tropical
cyclone is not expected.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.