ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Thu Jun 21 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A tropical wave located several hundred miles southwest of the Gulf
of Tehuantepec continues to produce disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. An area of low pressure is expected to develop
from this system by the weekend or early next week a few hundred
miles south of the southwestern coast of Mexico. Additional
development is possible thereafter while the disturbance moves
slowly westward to west-northwestward well offshore of the coast of
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. Disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity associated with a
surface trough is centered over 500 miles south-southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula. Environmental
conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for development
over the next few days while the disturbance moves slowly toward the
north or north-northeast over the open eastern North Pacific.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent