ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Sat Aug 12 2017
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on recently
downgraded Tropical Depression Jova, located a couple of hundred
miles northwest of Socorro Island.
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a surface trough located
a few hundred miles south of Acapulco, Mexico, remain disorganized.
Environmental conditions are forecast to become more conducive for
development in a few days, and a tropical depression could form
sometime next week while the system moves west or west-northwestward
around 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to form several hundred
miles southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, in a few days. Although the
environmental conditions are forecast to be generally conducive for
development, the system's proximity to the disturbance to the east
could impede the chances of formation. The low is forecast to move
slowly westward next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.