ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Fri Aug 4 2017
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A broad low pressure system, associated with a tropical wave, is
producing a large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms
several hundred miles south and southwest of the Cabo Verde
Islands. Environmental conditions are conducive for this system to
consolidate and develop during the next few days, and a tropical
depression is likely to form by early next week while moving
west-northwestward at about 15 mph across the tropical Atlantic
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. A large area of cloudiness and thunderstorms located over the
central and eastern Caribbean Sea is associated with a tropical
wave. This disturbance is expected to move west-northwestward at
about 15 mph across the western Caribbean Sea and Bay of Campeche
through the middle of next week, where environmental conditions
appear conducive for development.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.