ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Mon Jul 17 2017
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. An area of low pressure located about 750 miles east of the Windward
Islands is moving westward at about 15 mph. The associated shower
and thunderstorm activity continues to show some signs of
organization, but the system appears to lack a well-defined center
at this time. Environmental conditions are conducive for some
additional development before the system reaches the Lesser Antilles
late Tuesday or early Wednesday. After that time, less favorable
upper-level winds are expected to hinder additional development.
Regardless of development, this system is expected to bring locally
heavy rainfall and gusty winds to portions of the Lesser Antilles
beginning late Tuesday. An Air Force Reserve reconnaissance
aircraft is scheduled to investigate the disturbance this afternoon.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
2. An area of disturbed weather is located about 800 miles west-
southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands. Some gradual development of
this system is possible over the next few days while it moves slowly
toward the west-northwest or northwest over the open Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.