ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Fri Jun 16 2017
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. Cloudiness and showers associated with a tropical wave located
several hundred miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands continue
to show signs of organization. Slow development is possible during
the next few days while the wave moves westward at 15-20 mph over
the tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
2. A large area of disturbed weather has formed over the western
Caribbean Sea and the adjacent portions of Central America.
Conditions appear to be favorable for gradual development of this
system while it moves slowly northwestward across the Yucatan
Peninsula this weekend and into the southern and central Gulf of
Mexico early next week. Regardless of development, heavy rains are
likely to spread over portions of Central America and the Yucatan
Peninsula during the next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.