ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
200 AM EDT WED SEP 14 2016
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Ian, located well to the east-southeast of Bermuda, and on
newly formed Tropical Storm Julia, located over northeastern
1. An area of low pressure, associated with a tropical wave, is
located near the Cabo Verde Islands. Surface observations and
satellite data indicate that the circulation of the low has become
better defined during the past several hours, but the associated
shower activity remains disorganized. Slow development of this
system is possible during the next few days while it moves
west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph over the tropical Atlantic.
Locally heavy rains and gusty winds are likely to continue over
portions of the Cabo Verde Islands today.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent
2. A tropical wave is expected to move off of the west coast of Africa
late this week. Some slow development of this system is possible
thereafter while it moves west-northwestward over the far eastern
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Julia are issued under WMO
header WTNT31 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT1.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Julia are issued under WMO
header WTNT21 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT1.