ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Mon Sep 12 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Southwest of southwestern Mexico:
Shower activity associated with a small area of low pressure
located a few hundred miles southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico has
become a little better organized since yesterday. Although
environmental conditions are only marginally conducive, some
additional gradual development is possible during the next day or
two. The system is forecast to move little through midweek, then
merge with the disturbance to its east shortly thereafter.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. Near the coast of southern Mexico:
A trough of low pressure located along the coast of southern Mexico
is producing disorganized cloudiness and showers. This system is
forecast to interact and merge with the disturbance off the
southwestern coast of Mexico around midweek, and environmental
conditions are expected to become more conducive for development
by that time. A tropical depression is likely to form during the
latter part of this week while the system moves slowly westward near
the coast of southern and southwestern Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.