ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Thu Oct 8 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Norbert, located several hundred miles south-southwest
of Manzanillo, Mexico.
1. Showers and thunderstorms remain disorganized as dry mid-level air
surrounds a small low pressure system located around 1000 miles
west-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula. Environmental conditions are forecast to be only somewhat
conducive for development, but a tropical depression could still
form while the low moves toward the west or west-southwest at about
10 mph during the next few days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. A weak, broad area of low pressure located about 750 miles
southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula
is producing limited shower and thunderstorm activity. Development
of this system is unlikely as it drifts toward the southeast or
east during the next couple of days. This system is then forecast
to dissipate near Tropical Depression Norbert early next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.